BELDT LABS COPYRIGHT POLICY
BELDT LABS TRADEMARK AND LOGO USAGE REQUIREMENTS
These BELDT Labs Trademark and Logo Usage Requirements ("Usage Requirements") set forth BELDT Labs''s brands, trademark, logos and slogans. They apply to all BELDT Labs organizations worldwide and to BELDT Labs resellers, distributors, customers, advertising agencies, consultants, professional writers and editors, licensees and other third parties making reference to BELDT Labs trademarks. BELDT Labs reserves the right to modify these Usage Requirements as it deems necessary or appropriate, including by written agreement or license with third parties.
- Rules of Proper Trademark Use
- Use of BELDT Labs Trademarks as Adjectives, Never as Nouns
Please follow every BELDT Labs trademark with an appropriate noun consisting of the BELDT Labs product or service that is branded with the mark. BELDT Labs trademarks are adjectives and may not be used as nouns, or alone as a shorthand way of identifying a product or service. The BELDT Labs trademark should be used as an adjective describing a product or service of BELDT Labs.
- No Possessives, Plurals, Verbs or Puns
BELDT Labs works hard to build customer goodwill, and it uses its trademarks to harness that goodwill. Please use the marks as they are designed and intended. Since a trademark is not a noun, it must never be used in possessive or plural forms, and should never be used as a verb or a pun.
- Proper Trademark Attribution: Symbols and Legends
Trademark ownership is attributed in two ways, with the use of a trademark symbol (™ or ®) after the following trademark, and with a trademark legend, usually found at the end of a document in legible text following the copyright notice. Remember, mere inclusion of a trademark symbol and legend does not entitle you to use a BELDT Labs trademark.
- Trademark Symbols:
Assuming you are permitted to use a BELDT Labs trademark, please make sure to attribute the mark with the proper symbol. Always use the ™ symbol immediately after the trademark. Trademark symbols should be used on BELDT Labs trademarks as follows:
- On products, product labels, and packaging, use an appropriate symbol in each prominent use of the trademark.
- In every other context, use an appropriate symbol in both the first prominent use of the trademark (in headlines, banners, etc.) and in the first use in the text of the body copy.
- Always use the appropriate symbol incorporated into any of BELDT Labs''s logos.
- Trademark Legends:
The trademark legend is the legal text that identifies BELDT Labs''s trademarks. The legend should be printed in legible type and in a location typically used for copyright and other legal notices. For example, the legend may be printed at the end of a document, on the back of a package, on the front cover of documentation, or on the bottom of a web page.Unless you have an agreement with BELDT Labs that indicates otherwise, use the BELDT Labs legend in any material referencing any BELDT Labs trademark. Please note that third party licensees will often be legally obligated by license to use a BELDT Labs trademark legend that also indicates that the BELDT Labs trademarks are used under license.
BELDT LABS LEGEND:
"BELDT Labs , Rise, the BELDT Labs logo [insert all other BELDT Labs trademarks, logos, product names, and slogans that are referred to or displayed in the document] are trademarks or registered trademarks of BELDT Labs. in the United States and other countries."
- Use of BELDT Labs Logos
- General Rule: Do not assume you are permitted to use BELDT Labs logos.
Except as specifically provided by license or other agreement with BELDT Labs, third parties may not use any BELDT Labs logo for any purpose. Even when accurately describing a relationship with BELDT Labs or support of BELDT Labs''s technology, third parties should not use a BELDT Labs logo in the absence of an agreement.
- No Re-Logoing, Co-Logoing or Logo Removal
Resellers of BELDT Labs products may never alter or modify the BELDT Labs corporate logo or BELDT Labs trademarks that are affixed to or appear on the BELDT Labs products they resell. Similarly, re-logoing (replacing a BELDT Labs trademark with the reseller''s logo or mark) and co-logoing (adding the reseller''s logo or mark to the BELDT Labs product) are not permitted in the absence of a written agreement with BELDT Labs.
- Use of BELDT Labs Trade Dress by Third Parties Prohibited
Third parties generally are prohibited from using BELDT Labs trade dress for their own products, including any of the distinctive ornamental features of BELDT Labs products and packaging. Any such use must be approved by BELDT Labs Legal.
- Use of BELDT Labs Trademarks with Non-BELDT Labs Goods or Services or with unauthorized use of BELDT Labs Trademarks
Only certain, approved uses of a BELDT Labs trademarks may be made by BELDT Labs business allies, licensees, and other third parties. In addition to the other provisions set forth in these Usage Requirements, the following rules apply to any use of a BELDT Labs trademark logo in association with a third party product or service.
- No Use of BELDT Labs Marks in Non-BELDT Labs Company, Product, or Service Names.
Unless a third party enters into a written agreement with BELDT Labs, third parties generally may not use any BELDT Labs trademark, as or part of their company or product names.
- Do Not Adopt Any Marks or Names That Are Confusingly Similar to a BELDT Labs Trademark
Unauthorized use of BELDT Labs trademarks or of marks that are confusingly similar to BELDT Labs trademarks may constitute an infringement of BELDT Labs ''s trademark rights.
- Do Not Attempt to Claim Rights in BELDT Labs Trademarks.
Third parties may not state or suggest that they have, or are claiming rights, in any BELDT Labs trademark.
- Make the Source Clear.
When third parties use BELDT Labs trademarks, they must do so in a manner that does not create potential confusion over the source of any products or services. Customers must not be given the impression that BELDT Labs is the source or has approved of the use of the trademarks in connection with publications, products, services, trade shows, conferences, or expos.
- Permitted Descriptive Use of the BELDT Labs Trademarks on Web Sites and Domain Names
Third parties are permitted to use BELDT Labs trademarks on web sites or in domain names as long as:
- The content of the website meets all of these Usage Requirements;
- The use of the domain name is not misleading or likely to cause confusion; and
- The use meets the following additional standards:
- The principal or secondary level domain name of the third party should not be identical or virtually identical to any BELDT Labs trademark, since this is likely to cause customer confusion or imply that the web site is affiliated with or sponsored by BELDT Labs .
- The web site owner should not use a BELDT Labs trademark in his or her company name, product names, or service names. Thus, if the domain contains a BELDT Labs trademark, that domain should not also be a company or product name.
- The web site owner should not register the domain name as a trademark or service mark and should not claim any trademark or similar proprietary rights in the domain name.
- The web site should display a legal notice that contains the following legend"BELDT Labs, Rise, the BELDT Labs logo [insert all other BELDT Labs trademarks, logos, product names, and slogans that are referred to or displayed in the document] are trademarks or registered trademarks of BELDT Labs in the United States and other countries."
Last updated February 15, 2015